Hmmm! No criminal record. Murdered for exercising his right of free speech. More interested in saving sinners than in killing
them. Never owned or raped a slave girl. Never assassinated a critic. Preached love instead of hate. My kind of prophet!
of what is now the Westernmost part of the Muslim world was once Christian. That includes modern day Lebanon, Syria, Iraq,
Jordan, Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Turkey. Christianity was adopted as the generally accepted religion in
Assyria in 23 A.D. more than 500 years before Muslim conquest. Arabic was the native language of none of these countries.
In spite of more than 1,000 years of Muslim oppression Christian communities still exist in these lands. They include the
Coptic Christians of Egypt, the Maronite Christians of Lebanon and the Chaldean and Assyrian Christians of Iraq. Their story
for the last millenium has been one of suffering and abuse at the hands of Muslims. That story continues to this day. To learn
more, begin with this link. It deals with the largest Christian minority in the Muslim world -- Copts. Click on the English language option.
Muslim Kurds have for more than a century persecuted and massacred the ChaldoAssyrian Christians of northern Iraq. During
WWI 750,000 ChaldoAssyrians representing 3/4 of that population were massacred by Turks and Kurds. Kurdish depredations continue
to this day and approximately 250,000 ChaldoAssyrians have fled to neighboring countries. You can learn more about the plight
of Iraq's Christian minorities here.
The Muslim slaughter of some 1,000,000 Armenian Christians that took place at the same time as the ChaldoAssyrian Holocaust is a gruesome and heart-breaking story. It is very well told here.
The Muslim Druze have historically persecuted the Catholic Maronites of Lebanon. A particularly gruesome description of
Druze massacres, rapes, pillage and destruction inflicted on Maronite Christians can be found here.
Lebanese Maronite Christians have been fleeing Lebanon in large numbers. In 1960 most Lebanese were Christians. Civil war,
Syrian oppression and Muslim persecution have combined to reduce their number to 1.5 million with another 6 million living
abroad. They now represent 39% of the Lebanese population. They, like Christians in all Muslim lands, are at the mercy of
Muslim majorities. As their numbers decrease through emigration their existence in Lebanon will grow even more precarious.
Christians minorities in all Muslim societies are better educated and more wealthy than their Muslim compatriates. As Christians
have for more than 1,000 years forbidden marriage between 1st or 2nd cousins they are also less tribal and clannish. Their
women are better educated and freer than their Muslim counterparts. Their birth rates are commensurately lower. Depending
on country, Muslim birth rates are anywhere between 100% to 200% higher than those of Christians with the misfortune of living
Middle Eastern Muslim countries between 1950 and 1967 expelled the Jewish populations that had for more than a millenium
survived Muslim oppression. The average IQ of Muslims declined proportionately. Muslims are now driving out the best and brightest
of their citizens and will get stupider yet. On the bright side, Christians and Jews will no longer invite attention to the
moral, intellectual and economic inferiority of Muslims.
Front Page Magazine has published a symposium on the subject of the Muslim persecution of Christians that is worth reading. Go to Persecution.org for news of latest murders and church burnings performed in the name of Islam.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and
the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made. John 1:1-3
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory,
the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
God demonstrated His love by sending His promised Son, the Savior and
Messiah, Jesus Christ, and allowing Him to be crucified. God paid for our sins Himself. The Lord is good, just and merciful
beyond our understanding.
"For God so loved
the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life". John 3:16
Seek God now. Humbly ask Him to forgive you of your sins. Jesus Christ
paid the full price for sin on a Roman cross almost 2000 years ago. Seek His free gift of forgiveness and unending love.
Jesus Christ said: "Ask
and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives;
he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
To learn the true story of Jesus Christ click here - The Story of Jesus.com
Reject Jesus Christ and pay for your sin yourself, forever alone,
forever without God...
"The great day of the
Lord is near. It is near and coming quickly. Listen! The cry on that day will be bitter...I will bring distress on the people
and they will walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord. Their blood will be poured out like dust and
their entrails like filth. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of the Lord's wrath. In
the fire of His jealousy the whole world will be consumed, for He will make a sudden end of all who live on the earth...Seek
the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what He commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be
sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger." Zephaniah 1:14-18 2:3
Most think heaven awaits them. The One who rose from the grave after
3 days said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the
Father except through Me." John 14:6 God the Son came
as a sinless man. Philipians 2:5-8 He gave up His human life to save ours. He said that His death was the only acceptable
payment for sin. He is our ONLY way to God. He died to give our spirit eternal life. Without Him, we are spiritually dead. Ephesians 2:1-2
He declared: "I
tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3 Are you truly "born again"? John 3:3 Does the Spirit of Christ now dwell within you? John 14:20 & Romans 8:9
Islam claims 1/5 of the world population.* Over 80,000 U.S. foreign exchange students are Muslim.
them to Christ we should have a basic understanding of their beliefs.
On the Godhead
Z Islam Teaches...
|Islam is monotheistic (Koran 3:64). The first phrase in the Declaration of the Faith
- "I bear witness that there is no God but the Almighty God and that Mohammad is a messenger of God."
- "For God hath said, 'Take not to yourselves two Gods, for He is one God.'" (Sura 16:53; cp. 20:7)
- "Verily God will not forgive the union of other gods with Himself." (Sura 4:51)
Islam rejects the concept of the Trinity. The Koran misrepresents the teaching of Christianity regarding the Godhead, claiming
Christians believe in "three Gods" - Father, Mother, and Son. (Sura 5:116, 5:73-75; cp. (Koran 5:114)
In the account of creation recorded in the book of Genesis, God speaks plurally of His own Person. (Genesis 1:26,
27; cp. Genesis 3:22; 11:7; Isaiah 6:3, 8)
The Christian Scriptures, both New and Old Testaments, teach that the Godhead consists of three persons in one: the Father,
Son, and Holy Spirit.
Isaiah 11:2 "...the Spirit... the Lord... Him"See also http://www.dianedew.com/godhead.htm
Isaiah 42:1 "My Servant... I... My Spirit... upon Him"
48:16 "The Lord God... His Spirit... sent Me"
Isaiah 61:1 "Spirit of the Lord God... upon Me ... the Lord"
"He...the Angel of His Presence... His Holy Spirit"
Matthew 1:20, 21 "the Lord (the Father)... the Holy Spirit ... Jesus"
3:16, 17 "Jesus... the Spirit of God... a Voice from heaven (the Father)"
Matthew 12:18 "I... My Spirit... on Him"
22:42, 43 "Christ... the Spirit... Lord (the Father)"
Acts 11:16, 17 "the Lord... the Holy Spirit... God... the Lord Jesus
Acts 20:21-23 "God... Jesus... the Holy Spirit"
Romans 1:1, 3, 4 "God... His Son, Jesus Christ... the Spirit"
5:5, 6 "God... the Holy Spirit... Christ"
|Muhammad was not divine but the last of the prophets - the very one predicted in Moses' day:
- "I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren; and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall
speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not give heed to My words which he shall speak in My name, I, Myself,
will require it of him." (Deuteronomy 18:18, 19)
- "Mohammad... is the messenger of God and the Khatam [seal, closure, end, or last] of the prophets..." (Koran 33:40)
- "The Prophet Mohammad said to his cousin Ali: 'Thy position from me compares to the position of Aaron from Moses, but
there will be no prophet after me.'"
Jesus was not divine, but merely a prophet.
|Jesus claimed to be God. He accepted worship, forgave sins, lived a sinless life, possessed all
the attributes of God, and raised himself from the dead.
On the Deity of Jesus Christ
Z Islam Teaches...
|Islam considers Jesus a prophet just like Moses, Abraham, and Noah. 
Mohammad and the Arabs are descendants of Ishmael, which Islam claims Jesus said by their interpretation of Matthew 21:42-44
would supersede the Israelite nation. 
Islam rejects the divinity of Jesus Christ:
- "The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, was no more than Allah's apostle and His Word which He cast to Mary; a spirit from
Him. So believe in Allah and His apostles and do not say: 'Three.' ...Allah is but one God...." (Koran 4:171)
- "...Then Allah will say: 'Jesus, the son of Mary, did you ever say to mankind: 'Worship me and my mother as gods beside
Allah?'" (Koran 5:114)
|Jesus was more than a prophet. He is God. (Matthew 17:5; Mark 1:1; Luke 1:35; Philippians
2:6; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 4:15)
- He claimed to be God: John 4:26; 8:23; 10:30; 13:13; 14:7-10
- He accepted worship: Matthew 8:2; 9:18; 14:33; 15:25; 18:26; 28:9, 17; Mark 5:6; Luke 24:52; John 5:22, 23; John
- He forgave sins: Matthew 9:6 Mark 2:7
"He was God manifest in the flesh" (1 Timothy 3:16), "for in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." (Colossians
2:9) God was in Christ" (2 Corinthians 5:19), Who is "the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person..."
By the names attributed to him in Scripture - "Alpha and Omega," "Immanuel" (meaning, God With Us), "My Lord and my God,"
"etc. - the deity of Jesus Christ is seen.
Jesus Christ possessed all the attributes of God: omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotence, immutability, etc. See
God has no sons:
- "...Allah forbid that He should have a son." (Koran 4:171)
- "It is not meet for God to have children." (Koran 19.92)
- "He begets not, nor he is begotten, and there is none like unto him." (Koran 112:3)
- "No son did Allah beget, nor is there any god along with him. [if so] then behold, each god would have taken away what
he had created, and some would have lorded it over others! Glory to Allah! from things they attribute to Him." (Koran 23:91)
- "And they say, 'The Most Gracious Has betaken a son!' Indeed you have put forth a thing most monstrous! At it the skies
are bout to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin: That they attributed a son to
the Most Gracious. For it is not consonant with the majesty of the Most Gracious that He should beget a son. Not one of the
beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to the Most Gracious as a servant. He does take an account of them [all],
and numbered them exactly, and everyone of them will come to him singly on the day of judgment." (Koran 19:88)
- "And (they) impute falsely, without knowledge, sons and daughters unto Him...How can He have a child when there is no
consort for him...?" (Koran 6:101-103)
The Father declared Jesus to be His Son:
- "Thou art my son. This day have I begotten you." (Hebrews 5:5; cp. Psalms 2:7)
Jesus himself claimed to be the Son of God:
- Luke 22:70; John 10:36; 19:7
The angel declared Jesus the Son of God:
- "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and... that holy thing which shall be
born of thee shall be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:35)
Even demons confessed Jesus the Son of God:
- "And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God."
(Mark 3:11; cp. Luke 4:41; 8:28)
Many others professed or addressed Jesus as the Son of God - and were not rebuked for it:
- "Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God."
- "Nathanael answered... Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel." (John 1:49)
- "She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the
world." (John 11:27)
- "Now when the centurion... saw the earthquake ...they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of
God." (Matthew 27:54; cp. Mark 15:39)
- "And the high priest answered... tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God." (Matthew 26:63)
The gospel writers, inspired by the Holy Spriit, testified of Jesus' Sonship:
- "The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God" (Mark 1:1)
- "And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God." (John 1:34)
Jesus' Sonship - his relationship with the Father - was the subject of preaching in the early church:
- "... he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God." (Acts 9:20)
Unbelievers - and Satan himself - challenged Jesus' Sonship:
- "...save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross." (Matthew 27:40)
- "If thou be the Son of God..." (Matthew 4:3, 6; cp. Luke 4:3, 9)
Confessing Jesus is the Son of God is essential to salvation: 1 John 4:15; cp. Acts 8:37; 1 John 5:5, 10, 12, 13 (See
also: John 5:25; 9:35; 11:4; 20:31; Romans 1:4; 2 Corinthians 1:19; Galatians 2:20; Ephesians 4:13; Hebrews 4:14; 6:6;
10:29; 1 John 3:8; 5:20; Revelation 2:18)
All who profess the Lordship of Jesus Christ are adopted sons of God: John 1:12; 3:18; Phl 2:15; 1 John 3:1, 2
Jesus Christ was a created being.
- "Jesus is like Adam in the sight of Allah. he created him of dust and then said to him: 'Be,' and he was." (Koran 3:55,
Jesus Christ was pre-existent to creation.
Genesis 1:26; 3:22; 11:7 ("...us...our...our...")
Isaiah 48:12, 16
John 1:1-3,10; 3:13;
6:62; 8:35, 58; 17:5, 24
1 Corinthians 8:6
The virgin birth:
Islam and Christianity agree that Jesus miraculously was born of a virgin.
19:16-26; Isaiah 7:14)
Back to Top
Z Islam Teaches...
|Islam rejects the doctrine of original sin.
- Mohammad said, "Every human being is born in a state of a pure nature; but through the influence of his parents, he may
become non-Moslem." 
- "Whoever goes aright, for his own soul he goes aright; and whoever goes astray, to his own detriment he goes astray. And
no bearer of a burden bears another's burden..." (Koran 53:38)
- "...no soul earns (evil) but against itself. Nor does a bearer of a burden bear the burden of another." (Koran 6:165)
- "So whoever does an atom's weight of good will se it and whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it." (Koran 99:7,
|The Bible teaches man is born into sin.
- By Adam's sin (Genesis 3), death spread to all mankind: Genesi 5:3 with 1:24, 25; Psalms 51:5; Romans 5:12, 14).
- None is born without the mark of sin upon his soul; "all have sinned." (2 Chronicles 6:36; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:10, 12,
23; 5:12, 14; 11:32; Ephesians 2:3; 1 John 1;10)
|Salvation comes only through Allah. Only those who obey Allah and Mohammed his prophet can enter
- "If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (Submission to Allah), Never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter
he will be in the ranks of those who have lost ." (Koran 3:85; cp. 5:10; 25:68)
- Those who "believe not in Allah and His Messenger, He has prepared, for those who reject Allah, a Blazing Fire!" (Koran
|Salvation comes only through Jesus Christ:
Also see: John 8:24; 14:6; 10:1-2, 9; Acts 4:12; Revelation 5:1-9;
1 John 2:22, 23; Isaiah 43:11; Hosea 13:4; 1 Timothy 2:5
- "Neither is there salvation in any other [than Jesus]: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby
we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
Also see http://www.dianedew.com/salvatn.htm
|Islam denies the crucifixion of Jesus. Jesus never died:
- "They denied the truth and uttered a monstrous falsehood against Mary. They declared: 'We have put to death the Messiah
Jesus the son of Mary the apostle of Allah.' They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but they thought they did...
They have no knowledge thereof but the pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain, but God took him up to Himself."
|Jesus died and rose again.
- "Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him." (Romans 6:9)
- "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death
of the cross." (Philippians 2:8)
- "For where a testament [is], there must also of necessity be the death of the testator." (Hebrews 9:16)
- Also see: Luke 18:33; 24:20; John 11:13; 12:33; Acts 2:24; 22:20; Romans 5:10;
1 Corinthians 11:26; 15:19, 20, 22; Hebrews 2:14; etc.
Also see http://www.dianedew.com/resurctn.htm
Salvation must be earned:
By good works:
- "Lend to God a good loan." (Surah 73:20)
- "...the Koran regularly enjoins the giving of alms (zakah), as the outward sign of piety and means of salvation...
an obligatory contribution... to be exacted from all who, whether voluntarily or under constraint, enter into the brotherhood
of Islam; but it is not a tax. Rather is it to be regarded as a loan made to God... Free-will offerings are also a means of
- The root meaning of the word Zakat (almsgiving) is "to purify." Surah 9:103 says: "Take of their wealth an offering to purify them and cleanse them thereby."
The only sure way to make it to heaven is for a Muslim to die in a jihad ("holy war").
Salvation comes only by faith, through grace:
- "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works, lest
anyone should boast." (Ephesians 2:8, 9)
- "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight... being justified freely by his grace...
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? Nay; but by the law of faith.. Therefore we conclude that a
man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." (Romans 3:20, 24, 27, 28)
- "Now to him that worketh is the reward nor reckoned of grace, but of debt.... Even as David also describeth the blessedness
of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works.... Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace..."
(Romans 4:4, 6, 16)
|On divine providence:
- "...so whoever is willing, he may take a path to his Lord. And you do not will unless God wills..." (Koran 76:29, 30)
- "Thou causest to err thereby whomever Thou pleasest and guidest whomever Thou pleasest..." (Koran 7:155)
|Man has free will.
- "Whosoever will, let him drink freely of the river of life" (Revelation 22:17; cp. John 3:15, 16; etc.)
Back to Top
On Eternal Judgment
Z Islam Teaches...
Those who kill or are killed by unbelievers will return to the garden of Paradise (Koran 9:111), where they will enjoy
many lustful pleasures - sex with virgins, pleasant food and drink, etc.:
- "They shall recline on jeweled couches face to face, and there shall wait on them immortal youths with bowls and ewers
and a cup of purest wine... with fruits of their own choice and flesh of fowls that they relish. And theirs shall be the dark-eyes
houris (celestial virgins), chaste as hidden pearls: a guerdon for their deeds." (Koran 56:15)
- "pure beautiful ones... goodly things, beautiful ones, pure ones confined to the pavilions that man has not touched them
before..." (Koran 56:54, 67-71)
Those who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and submitted their lives to his Lordship will enjoy eternal bliss in
heaven, where there will be no pain or sorrow, no disease or death.
- "Those who invoke a god other than Allah not only should meet punishment in this world but the Penalty on the Day of Judgment
will be doubled to them, and they will dwell therein in ignominy." (Koran 25:68)
- "Non-believers will go to hell and will drink boiling water" (14:17).
- "...the unbelievers... shall have a great punishment in world hereafter" (Koran 5:34).
- "We shall say: 'Lay hold of him and bind him. Burn him in the fire of Hell, then fasten him with a chain seventy cubits
long. For he did not believe in Allah, the Most High...'" (Koran 69:28)
- "Would that you knew what the fire of Hell is like! It leaves nothing, it spares no one; it burns the skins of men. It
is guarded by nineteen keepers." (Koran 74:19)
Those who reject Jesus Christ will suffer eternal torments in hell.
Back to Top
Z Islam Teaches...
|The Genesis account should not be taken literally, as it contains discrepancies. The earth is billions of years old.
Creation took eight days, it says in Surah 41:9, 10, 12. Surah 10:3, however, states creation took six days.
|A literal interpretation of Scripture indicates the earth is only a few thousand years old.
God created the universe in six days and rested on the seventh day. (Genesis 1:1 to 2:2)
|The universe was produced by a "big bang" (Koran 21:30), produced by
a kind of gas. (Koran 41:11)
The Koran states God created every living thing from water.[11 (Koran 21:30; 24:45)
"In the beginning, God" (Genesis 1:1) alone existed.
God spoke the universe into existence by a word.
Genesis 1:20-21, 24 "And God said... and it was so." (Cp. Psalm 148:5)
|The Creator did not rest: "We created the heavens and the earth and all between them
in six days, nor did any sense of weariness touch us." (Koran 50:38)
||God rested on the seventh day: "For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh
day he rested, and was refreshed." (Exodus 31:17). |
Back to Top
On The Word of God
Z Islam Teaches...
|One of the 5 tenets to which Muslims must adhere is a belief in the 4 inspired books - the Torah
(5 books of Moses), Zabur (the psalms), lnjil (the gospel), and Koran. The Christian Scriptures are incomplete without the
In addition to the Koran, Muslims look to the Sunna (sayings of Muhammad), for inspiration. This collection is called
the Hadith. 
|Adding to God's Word has serious consequences. (Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32; Proverbs 30:6; Revelation
|On authorship and inspiration:
The Koran claims divine authorship and inspiration:
- "This is indeed a Qur'an most honourable, a Book well-guarded... a Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds." (Koran 56:77-80)
- "This Qur'an is not such as can be produced by anyone other than God." (10:37)
The Koran contains no human words:
- "No prophet except Mohammad has claimed that his book contains the very words of God. Moses... conveyed the heavenly message
by his own words... not the very words of God.... Jesus spoke the truth which he received, but he spoke in his own words.
The Bible, at best, is considered a dialogue between God and man." 
|On authorship and inspiration:
The New Testament undeniably declares the inspiration of the Old Testament (the contents of which the Koran denies):
- Matthew 1:22; 2:15; 3:3; 4:14; 8:17; 12:17; 13:35; 21:4; 22:42; Mark 12:36; Acts 1:16; 4:25; 28:25; 1 Peter 1:10-11;
2 Peter 1:21
See also: http://www.dianedew.com/wrtnword.htm
Islam claims the Koran is without contradiction:
- "Do they not ponder on the Qur'an? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy."
However, see http://www.rim.org/muslim/quranproblems.htm
Islam denies that any words of the Koran have been altered. However, the Koran contains many textual variants. (It's not in its original form.) See http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Text/
The Bible is without error:
- Isaiah 34:16; 55:10-11; Psalms 119:96, 128, 160; 138:2; Matthew 5:18; Luke 16:17; John 10:35; 1 Peter 1:23-25
|The Koran will never perish:
- "Certainly we have revealed the Reminder (the Koran), and we shall preserve it." (Koran 15:9)
- "It (the Koran) is an invincible book. Falsehood does not invade it neither from before it nor from behind it, a revelation
from a a Mighty, Praised." (Koran 41:41, 42)
|The Written Word of God, the Bible, is eternal:
- Psalms 119:89; Isaiah 30:8; 40:8; Jeremiah 36:22-23, 27-28, 32; Matthew 5:17-18; 24:35; Luke 21:33; 1 Peter 1:23-25
Back to Top
On Murder, Violence, War & Oppression
Z Islam Teaches...
On Murder and Violence:
Islam both allows and forbids murder and violence, depending on who is the recipient of the act.
- "Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme." (Koran 8:37)
- The Koran instructs not to make friendship with Jews and Christians (Koran 5:51) but to war against
them: "When the Sacred Months are over, kill those who ascribe partners to God wheresoever ye find them; seize them, encompass
them, and ambush them; then if they repent and observe prayer and pay the alms, let them go their way (Koran 4:5). "Fight
against those who believe not in God nor in the Last Day, who... refuse allegiance to the True Faith from among those who
have received the Book, until they humbly pay tribute out of hand." (Koran 9:29) Note: These verses distinguish between
warfare against pagans, and against Jews and Christians.
- "...kill the disbelievers wherever we find them" (Koran 2:191); "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them,
and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" (Koran 9:5); "murder them and treat them harshly" (Koran 9:123).
- "Seize ye him, and bind ye him, And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire. Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length
is seventy cubits! This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High. And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent!
So no friend hath he here this Day. Nor hath he any food except the corruption from the washing of wounds, Which none do eat
but those in sin." (Koran 69:30-37)
- "Strike off the heads of the disbelievers"; and after making a "wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining
captives" (Koran 47:4).
- "Instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers"; "smite above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them"
(Koran 8:12; cp. 8:60).
- "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern against them. Their abode is Hell - an
evil refuge indeed" (Koran 9:73).
- "slay or crucify or cut the hands and feet of the unbelievers, that they be expelled from the land with disgrace..." (Koran
- "for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby
whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods" (Koran 22:19-22)
- "And slay not the soul which God has forbidden except for the just cause..." (Koran 17:33)
- "...If anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or to spread mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed
the whole of mankind. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the whole of mankind" (Surah Al-Maaida 5:32)
- "Fight for the sake of Allah those that fight against you, but do not attack them first. Allah does not love the aggressors."
- "…when it is said to them; 'Make not mischief on the Earth', they say; 'We are only peace makers'. Indeed they are
the ones who make mischief, but they perceive it not" (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:11-12)
- The Prophet Mohamad said to his army before going to a fight "Depart in the name of Allah, and by his help. And kill not
any old man nor young boy nor child, nor woman, But be good doers for Allah loves those who do good. (Hadeeth)
- "Thou shalt not kill (murder)." (Exodus 20:13; Deuteronomy 5:17)
- "...murders... they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:21)
- "...no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." (1 John 3:15)
- "...murderers... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
- "For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters..." (Revelation 22:15)
Jesus and Paul both reiterated the Old Testament prohibition against murder:
- "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger
of the judgment." (Matthew 5:21)
- "...Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill...." (Romans 13:9)
Murder is listed right alongside sins like sorcery, fornication, robbery.
- "Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings..." (Galatians 5:21)
- "Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts." (Revelation
- "...murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars..." (Revelation 21:8)
God destroyed the earth with a flood because of the extent violence had spread:
- "...the earth was filled with violence... Then God said to Noah, 'The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth
is filled with violence... behold, I am about to destroy them...'" (Genesis 6:13).
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies,
and pray for those who persecute you in order that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven..." (Matthew 5:43, 45)
Oppression of the innocent is condemned throughout Scripture:
Allah himself is really the one slaying them:
- "It is not us who slay them but Allah, in order that He might test the Believers by a gracious trial from Himself." (Koran
8:17; cp. Surah Al-Baqarah 2:190)
- Allah "will punish them by our hands..." (Koran 9:14).
Jihad is mandatory.
- "Unless we go forth, (for Jihad) He will punish us with a grievous penalty, and put others in our place" (Koran 9:38-39).
- "And what is the matter with you that you do not fight in the cause of Allah and for those weak, ill
treated and oppressed among men, women and children whose only cry is; 'Our Lord, rescue us from this town whose people are
oppressors..." (Surah An-Nisa 4:75)
- "Believers, when you encounter the armies of the infidels do not turn your backs to them in flight. If anyone on that
day turns his back to them, except it be for tactical reasons, or to join another band he shall incur the wrath of Allah and
Hell shall be his home: an evil fate." (Koran 8:12-17)
"The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and make reconciliation
his reward is due from Allah: For (Allah) loves not those who do wrong." (Koran 42:40)
|"You have heard it said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But I say unto you, do not
resist him who is evil; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:38, 39)" |
It is acceptable to break treaties and obligations with pagans and make war on them whenever strong
enough to do so (Koran 9:3).
|Treachery and lying are forbidden. (Matthew 5:33-37) Better to suffer wrong
than not to keep one's word. (Proverbs) |
Back to Top
On the Treatment of Women
Z Islam Teaches...
Men have authority over women. (Koran 2:228)
In the home:
- "Men have authority over women because Allah has made the one superior to the others, and because they spend their wealth
to maintain them." (Koran 4:34)
- "Mothers shall suckle their children two years completely, for such as desire to fulfill the suckling....But if the couple
desire by mutual consent and consultation to wean, then it is no fault in them." (Koran 2:233)
- Women who disobey their husband will go to hell. (Koran 66:10).
- "Thou mayest decline for the present whom thou wilt of them, and thou mayest take to thy bed her whom thou wilt, and whomsoever
thou shalt long for of those thou shalt have before neglected; and this shall not be a crime in thee. Thus will it be easier
to give them the desire of their eyes... and to satisfy them with what thou shalt accord to each of them." (Koran 33:51)
- Women do not have equal right to their inheritance (Koran 4:11-12) Women receive half of the male share for an equivalent
degree of kinship.
Women who disobey should be beaten:
- "Good women are obedient.... As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and
beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them." (Koran 4:34)
Spiritually, there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)
In the home, Scripture outlines the divinely established order.
- Husbands are responsible to maintain proper order and government in the family. (1 Timothy 3:4, 5, 12; Titus 1:6) The
husband's primary obligation is to love his wife: "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church
and gave himself up for her... So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife
loves himself; for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church..."
(Ephesians 5:28, 29; cp. Colossians 3:19; 1 Peter 3:7)
- Wives are exhorted to respect and obey their husband: "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands,
as it is fit in the Lord." (Colossians 3:18; cp. 1 Corinthians 11:3, 8, 9; Ephesians 5:22-24, 33; 1 Timothy 2:11, 12; Titus
2:3-5; 1 Peter 3:1, 2, 5, 6)
A woman who knows her husband loves her - having her best interests in mind - has no problem submitting to
See also: http://www.dianedew.com/marriage.htm
Back to Top
|On Morals |
Z Islam Teaches...
Muhammad, who himself had 11 wives, allowed marriage of up to four wives. (Koran 33:51)
- "Of women who seem good in your eyes, marry but two, or three, or four; and if ye still fear ye
shall not act equitably, then one only."
Islam also allows sexual intercourse with one's slave maids and as many 'captive' women as one desires
(Koran 4:3) - even if those women are married.
Part of the Koran, however, states that fornication and adultery are sin:
- "And go not nigh to fornication; surely it is an obscenity. And evil is the way." (Koran 17:32)
Adultery and fornication are forbidden. (Genesis 20:9; Exodus 20:14; Deuteronomy 5:18; 23:17, 18; Leviticus 18:20; 2
Samuel 13:12; Matthew 5:27; 14:34; 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 13:9; 1 Corinthians 6:15; 10:8; James 2:11)
Sexual immorality is exceedingly "evil" and "wicked." (Genesis 39:9; Leviticus 19:29; Deuteronomy 22:22-24; 1 Samuel 2:22-23;
1 Corinthians 5:13) It greatly displeases God (Hosea 4:1-2, 11) and provokes Him to anger (Numbers 25:1, 3; Ezekiel 16:26;
Colossians 3:5-6). God hates it. (Proverbs 22:14) "For this is a heinous crime" (Job 31:1, 9-12), "villainy" (Jeremiah 29:22-23)
and filthiness (Revelation 17:4). "They know not the light" but "are in the terrors of the shadow of death" (Job 24:15-17).
It is "the way of hell;" "the dead are there" (Proverbs 7:27; 9:13-18).
The words of anyone who defends such "unfruitful works of darkness" (Ephesians 5:3, 11-12) are "contrary to sound
doctrine" (1 Timothy 1:9-10).
See also: http://www.dianedew.com/adulforn.htm
Gambling and drunkenness are prohibited:
- "O you who believe, intoxicants and games of chance... are only an uncleanness, the devil's work;
so shun it, that you may succeed. The devil desires only to create enmity and hatred among you by means of intoxicants and
games of chance, and to prevent you from the remembrance of God and from prayer. So will you obey this prohibition?" (Koran
|Gambling and drunkenness are forbidden:
Back to Top
On Prayer, Fasting & Worship
Z Islam Teaches...
|Muslims must recite prayers in praise of Allah five times daily while facing Mecca, the city where
Allah revealed the Koran to Muhammad. Prayer must be performed at prescribed hours and in a definite pattern of word and posture.
- "Whichever way you depart, face toward the Holy Mosque: and wherever you are, face toward it, so that men will have no
cause to reproach you, except the evil-doers among them." (Koran 2:150)
- "Believers, do not approach your prayers when you are drunk, but wait till you can grasp the meaning of your words..."
Every Muslim - at least "he who can find a way thither" (Surah 3:97) - must make a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in
his/her life: "Fulfill the pilgrimage and the visitation unto God." (Surah 2:196-197)
|Christianity presents prayer, fasting and worship as arising totally without compulsion or obligation,
but wholly from the heart. See the following links:
Fasting is required of every Muslim for one month per year. This fast is complete abstinence, during daylight hours, from
all food, drink, tobacco and sexual intercourse. 
|Fasting is to be done in a manner of humility and secrecy.
Matthew 6:16-18 "Moreover when ye fast, be not as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces,
that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou fastest, anoint
thine head, and wash thy face; that thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret..."
Luke 18:9-14 "And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised
others: Two men went up into the temple to pray... The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that
I am not as other men are... I fast twice in the week, I give tithes... And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift
up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man
went down to this house justified rather than
the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."
See also: http://www.dianedew.com/fasting.htm
|Abdul Hamid Farid writes that "The Messenger of God used to teach the Muslims, when they set out
toward graves, to say, "Peace be to you, O ye of the believers and Muslims dwelling in these abodes! ...We beg of God safety
for us and for you ...May God forgive us and you!..."
"(Once) the Prophet of God passed by (certain graves of Al-Madinah. Turning his face toward them, he said, "Peace be to
you, O ye dwellers of these tombs! May God forgive us and you! Ye are our forerunners and we are at your heels."
Farid also writes: "Ayeshah said that whenever it was her night with the Messenger of God, she noticed that he would set
out, in the last watch of the night, toward Baqi and (there) he would say: "Peace be to you, O ye of the party of believers
dwelling in these abodes! That which was promised unto you for the morrow hath reached you. Ye were given respite. And behold,
if God will, we shall met you. O God! Forgive Thou these inmates of Baqi-al-Gharqad [the burial ground at Al-Madinah]."
|Contacting or praying to the dead ("necromancy") is forbidden by God in the Christian Scriptures
(Deuteronomy 18:10, 11). God calls it an "abomination."
Also see: 1 Samuel 28:3-20; 2 Chronicles 10:13, 14; Isaiah 8:19-22. The punishment for
contacting the dead is very severe.
Back to Top
* In 50 years, Islam has grown from one-seventh to one-fifth of the world population.
The above information is available in a more detailed format, in booklet form, at a minimal
To order, click here.
MAIN PAGE www.dianedew.com OTHER CULTS
Copyright © 2001 Diane S. Dew P.O. Box 340945 Milwaukee, WI 53234
The following website gives extensive information on Islam - but BEWARE,
as it is written from the Islamic perspective: http://www.islamworld.net/